Five Tool COVID-19 Guidelines
Five Tool is committed to player, coach, fan and staff safety during this trying time. We encourage you to do everything possible to stay well and safe while enjoying the game of baseball.
In advance of your participation in any Five Tool Event, we would like to make you aware of certain precautions we plan to take in connection with the COVID-19 Pandemic, as well as provide you with guidelines related to your players participating in the Event and parents/fans attending the Event.
In advance of the Event, Five Tool requires that each coach/team:
- Please check all CDC released guidelines and recommendations by visiting https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/need-to-know.html
- Please check each of your players when they arrive for General Wellness.
If a player has any symptoms or has had any of these symptoms in the last few days, he needs to leave the premises immediately.
If anyone on your team answers yes to any of the following screening questions, refrain from attending or playing at the event and contact your local Tournament Director immediately.
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Repeated shaking with chills
· Muscle pain
· Sore throat
· Loss of taste or smell
· Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
· Known or Close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19 or has yet to receive lab results from being tested for COVID-19
Five Tool also recommends that each coach/team:
· Have a plan for social distancing your team inside the dugout
· No handshakes or high fives before, during, or after the game
· Social distance from incoming team when entering or exiting the dugout before and after games
· Remind players and parents that water cannot be provided in the dugout so come prepared
· Remind parents to social distance so spectators can continue to be allowed in the facility
· Request parents and spectators enter the ballpark 10 minutes before game time to allow previous fans to clear the facility
· Absolutely no seeds or gum (COVID safety issue if not disposed of properly)
· Everyone is encouraged to wear a mask when social distancing is not possible
**ALL PARENTS AND GUARDIANS, PARTICIPANTS, AND STAFF SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE ENHANCED RISKS OF PARTICIPANTS BEING IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH ANYONE AGE 65 OR OLDER FOR 14 DAYS AFTER PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT.
In addition to following CDC guidelines, Five Tool will also follow State restrictions based on the Tournament location. Please check State guidelines for additional restrictions and regulations.
In advance and during the Event, Five Tool will take the following safety precautions:
- All staff will be screened using the above list of symptoms/questions
- Staff must maintain 6 ft of distance from players, participants, coaches, spectators unless wearing their provided mask
- Face mask, gloves, and hand sanitizer are provided for all staff
- Staff areas marked with tape and signage to help with social distancing
- Hand sanitizer provided at various spots within the facility for public use
The safety of each player, parent, coach, and staff member is extremely important to Five Tool. We ask that everyone help us create the safest environment possible for our baseball community.
If you have any concerns, please let us know.
Thank You and Stay Safe