Five Tool COVID-19 Guidelines
Five Tool is committed to player, coach, fan and staff safety during this trying time. We encourage you to do everything possible to stay well and safe while enjoying the game of baseball.
In advance of your participation in any Five Tool Event, we would like to make you aware of certain precautions we plan to take in connection with the COVID-19 Pandemic, as well as provide you with guidelines related to your players participating in the Event and parents/fans attending the Event.
In advance of the Event, V Tool requires that each coach/team:
- Send the checklist below released by the Office of the Texas Governor (full information can be found at https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/OpenTexas-Checklist-Youth-Sports-Operators.pdf) to its players and parents
- Please check each of your players when they arrive for General Wellness.
If a player has any symptoms or has had any of these symptoms in the last few days, he needs to leave the premises immediately.
If anyone on your team answers yes to any of the following screening questions, refrain from attending or playing at the event and contact Lynn Vanlandingham immediately.
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Repeated shaking with chills
· Muscle pain
· Sore throat
· Loss of taste or smell
· Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
· Known or Close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19 or has yet to receive lab results from being tested for COVID-19
Five Tool also recommends that each coach/team:
· Have a plan for social distancing your team inside the dugout
· No handshakes or high fives before, during, or after the game
· Social distance from incoming team when entering or exiting the dugout before and after games
· Remind players and parents that water cannot be provided in the dugout so come prepared
· Remind parents to social distance so spectators can continue to be allowed in the facility
· Request parents and spectators enter the ballpark 10 minutes before game time to allow previous fans to clear the facility
· Absolutely no seeds or gum (COVID safety issue if not disposed of properly)
· Everyone is encouraged to wear a mask when social distancing is not possible
*****PER THE OFFICE OF THE TEXAS GOVERNOR, ALL PARENTS AND GUARDIANS, PARTICIPANTS, AND STAFF SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE ENHANCED RISKS OF PARTICIPANTS BEING IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH ANYONE AGE 65 OR OLDER FOR 14 DAYS AFTER PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT.
The Office of the Texas Governor also provided the following guidance for spectators:
· “Individuals should avoid being in a group larger than 10 individuals. Within these groups, individuals should, to the extent possible, minimize in-person contact with others not in the individual’s household. Minimizing in-person contact includes maintaining 6 feet of separation from individuals. When maintaining 6 feet of separation is not feasible, other methods should be utilized to slow the spread of COVID-19, such as wearing a face covering or mask, washing or sanitizing hands frequently, and avoiding sharing utensils or other common objects.”
· “Consistent with the actions taken by many individuals across the state, all spectators should consider wearing cloth face coverings (over the nose and mount). If available, spectators should consider wearing non-medical grade face masks.”
***Inform players that if they test positive or have been in contact with anybody that has tested positive, they need to contact you immediately.
- If positive, the player needs to inform the coach of the approximate exposure date through contact tracing.
- If contact tracing reveals that the player was possibly exposed prior to a team activity, then that team will not play the next week.
- If this occurs, encourage all players to get tested.
- Five Tool does not need the players name, but we do need to know if they pitched or caught so that the opposing team and umpires can be notified of possible exposure.
Each coach needs to report the results to Lynn Vanlandingham and discuss a course of action.
Per Executive Order 29 from the Governor of Texas:
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of Texas, do hereby order the following on a statewide basis effective at 12:0 1 p.m. on July 3, 2020:
Every person in Texas shall wear a face covering over the nose and mouth when inside a commercial entity or other building or space open to the public, or when in an outdoor public space, wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household; provided, however, that this face-covering requirement does not apply to the following:
1. any person younger than 10 years of age;
2. any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering;
3. any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated at a restaurant to eat or drink;
4. any person while the person is (a) exercising outdoors or engaging in physical activity outdoors, and (b) maintaining a safe distance from other people not in the same household.
Link to the full Executive Order: https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/EO-GA-29-use-of-face-coverings-during-COVID-19-IMAGE-07-02-2020.pdf
In advance and during the Event, V Tool will take the following safety precautions:
- All staff will be screened using the above list of symptoms/questions
- Staff must maintain 6 ft of distance from players, participants, coaches, spectators unless wearing their provided mask
- Face mask, gloves, and hand sanitizer are provided for all staff
- Staff areas marked with tape and signage to help with social distancing
- Hand sanitizer provided at various spots within the facility for public use
The safety of each player, parent, coach, and staff member is extremely important to Five Tool. We ask that everyone help us create the safest environment possible for our baseball community.
If you have any concerns, please let us know.
Thank You and Stay Safe