About Five Tool
Five Tool Showcases was established in January of 2013. The foundation was a joint effort between college coaches and select clubs to establish events that provide quality competition at quality venues. The goal is to provide events that allow the players to showcase their abilities and do so in a manner that is friendly to the college recruiters and professional scouts while allowing the clubs to maintain fiscal responsibility to their members.
Our goal is to host local teams seeking exposure for their players while accommodating out of town clubs in a manner that minimizes travel and the expense associated with select baseball. The mix of local and regional clubs provides great competition in a central location that is convenient for college recruiters and professional scouts in the central, Midwest, Northwest, Southeast, Texas, and West regions.
These are general Five Tool rules. May vary by event, please see event hubs/tournament director for specific ruling detail.
- If the game is over the time limit or by the end of the 7th inning, the game will end in a tie during pool play/consolation.
- Each team will provide baseballs and be responsible for foul balls.
- Spikes are NOT permitted on turf fields.
- Coaches are not required to wear helmets on the field of play unless required by the University.
- Each team is required to provide proof of insurance 7 days prior to the event.
- 10 after 5 only
- Participants in Five Tool Baseball events should adhere to the MLB Pitch Smart Guidelines.
- Five Tool Baseball reserves the right to review each violation and enforce additional penalties upon the acting manager.
|Age||Daily Max (Pitches in Game)||0 Days Rest||1 Days Rest||2 Days Rest||3 Days Rest||4 Days Rest||5 Days Rest|
- Unless otherwise noted by a Tournament Director, no infield practice will be allowed prior to the start of any game.
- Teams will be permitted to take fly balls down the outfield lines prior to the start of their game, unless venue host says otherwise.
- No warm ups on aprons.
- Teams will be provided 15 minutes to warm up prior to the start of all games.
- We will abide by all venue host rules
EH and DH
- Teams will be allowed to use a DH and EH during any given game.
- Teams must designate who each player is and for what player the DH will be hitting for in the field of play.
- Should the DH enter the field of play, the DH position will be eliminated.
- The EH may also enter the field of play but must remain in their current batting position.
- The player for which the EH has replaced in the field will now become the EH, but will remain in the same batting position.
- May be used for catcher/pitcher. Optional for catcher with less than 2 outs.
- Must be a player not currently in the game or the player who made the last out should a team not have an extra player on the bench.
- Automatic intentional walk will be used and may be granted anytime during the at bat.
- Players must try to avoid contact on all players during a game.
- It is umpire’s discretion if there was intent to cause contact.
- Players may be subject to ejection if there is intent to cause contact.
- 1. Head to head
- 2. Runs allowed
- 3. Runs differential (max at 8 per game)
- 4. Runs scored
- 5. Coin toss
Five Tool has preferred guidelines for age groups which are as followed.
14U is for the class of 2026 or below or a player born on or after May 1, 2007.
15U is for the class of 2025 or below or a player born on or after May 1, 2006.
16U is for the class of 2024 or below or a player born on or after May 1, 2005.
17U is for the class of 2023 or below or a player born on or after May 1, 2004.
18U is for the class of 2022 or below or a player born on or after May 1, 2003.
- Please follow each venue’s parking instructions
- Five Tool Showcases is not responsible for any parking violations
Rules for Premier Baseball of Texas
· NO SPIKES ALLOWED. If a player is caught he will be removed from that game. If a player is caught a second time or a second player on that team is caught the coach and player will be removed from that game.
· Outside coolers are NOT allowed. Coolers for team and players are allowed but must stay in dugout. From car to dugout only. Coolers will be removed if outside the dugout area.
· NO SHELLED SNACKS ALLOWED IN park area at all. Parents or spectators will be asked one time to stop. After that, the game will be stopped until it’s cleaned up and remove that person or persons from the park for the rest of the TOURNAMENT. This includes sunflower seeds, peanuts, pistachios, etc… Please note, if players on field are found to be using seeds, the game will be stopped until it is cleaned up.
Five Tool requires each team to provide a certificate of team/participant insurance prior to their tournament season. V Tool Showcases, LLC must be listed as additional insured on the certificate.
V Tool Showcases, LLC
1540 Keller Parkway
Keller, TX 76248
Your insurance carrier can add this free of charge. Teams must upload the certificate to their team dashboard listing V Tool Showcases, LLC as an additional insured.
Minimum requirements: General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate/$25,000 each participant.
If you need to purchase insurance, you can check out our rates here.
Rain Out Policy
For four-game guarantee events:
In the event of rain, we will push game start times up to one hour to get the game started.
If the game is in progress, we will allow for a one hour delay. If it goes longer, we will postpone or cancel the game and then attempt to reschedule it.
If the game cannot resume or start within one hour of its original start time, then that game will be cancelled and we will look at ways to possibly reschedule it.
- 2 games completed = 50% refund
- There will be no refunds after the start of each team’s third game
- We will try and reschedule games with available field space
Waiver/Terms and Conditions
In consideration of being allowed to participate in, or observe, the event or activity referenced above, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1) The risk of injury or illness, including but not limited to COVID-19, from participating or observing the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury or illness does exist;
2) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation and/or observation;
3) I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation and/or observation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence, participation or observation of the event, I will remove myself and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
4) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS V Tool Showcases, LLC, a Texas limited liability company, and their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES“), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Photo/Social Media Policy
V Tool strives to recognize outstanding performance by participants in all Five Tool Events. This recognition is delivered through social media outlets, the Five Tool website, and information delivered to scouts and coaches during events.
With regard to the V Tool statement above, I do hereby acknowledge and authorize V Tool Showcases, LLC, a Texas limited liability company (“V Tool“), and its employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and sponsors to utilize any and all photographs, videos or other likeness of my son/daughter within the Five Tool Event as they deem appropriate in promotional materials or social media. V Tool has permission to post player photos, videos and likeness to social media of players, coaches, and fans participating in any event organized or hosted by V Tool. Roster information provided by coaches, parents, and/or players may also be used within events, on social media, and in print material in relation to V Tool Events.
V Tool reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time,and such changes will be effective immediately upon being posted on the website. We may also attempt to notify you of such changes in other ways, including, without limitation, by email.