About Five Tool
Five Tool Showcases was established in January of 2013. The foundation was a joint effort between college coaches and select clubs to establish events that provide quality competition at quality venues. The goal is to provide events that allow the players to showcase their abilities and do so in a manner that is friendly to the college recruiters and professional scouts while allowing the clubs to maintain fiscal responsibility to their members.
Our goal is to host local teams seeking exposure for their players while accommodating out of town clubs in a manner that minimizes travel and the expense associated with select baseball. The mix of local and regional clubs provides great competition in a central location that is convenient for college recruiters and professional scouts in the central, Midwest, Northwest, Southeast, Texas, and West regions.
- Game times are 2 hours and 15 minutes or 7 innings.
- Extra innings: In the event of a tie game in the 7th inning — If a game does not go over the time limit (2 hours and 15 minutes) by the end of Inning No. 7, the game will get only one (1) extra inning in pool play/consolation.
- If the game is over the time limit (2 hours and 15 minutes) by the end of the 7th inning, the game will end in a tie during pool play/consolation.
- Each team will provide baseballs and be responsible for foul balls.
- Spikes are not permitted on the fields until game time.
- Coaches are not required to wear helmets on the field of play unless required by the University.
- Each team is required to provide proof of insurance 7 days prior to the event.
- 3 pool play games with 1 elimination/consolation game
- 10 after 5 only
- There are no mandatory pitching restrictions. However, please remember that you are responsible for these young men. BE SMART!
- Pitcher must be replaced on 2nd trip to mound in any inning.
- Unless otherwise noted by a Tournament Director, no infield practice will be allowed prior to the start of any game.
- Teams will be permitted to take fly balls down the outfield lines prior to the start of their game, unless venue host says otherwise.
- No warm ups on aprons.
- Teams will be provided 15 minutes to warm up prior to the start of all games.
- We will abide by all venue host rules
EH and DH
- Teams will be allowed to use a DH and EH during any given game.
- Teams must designate who each player is and for what player the DH will be hitting for in the field of play.
- Should the DH enter the field of play, the DH position will be eliminated.
- The EH may also enter the field of play but must remain in their current batting position.
- The player for which the EH has replaced in the field will now become the EH, but will remain in the same batting position.
- May be used for catcher/pitcher. Optional for catcher with less than 2 outs.
- Must be a player not currently in the game or the player who made the last out should a team not have an extra player on the bench.
- Automatic intentional walk will be used and may be granted anytime during the at bat.
- Players must try to avoid contact on all players during a game.
- It is umpire’s discretion if there was intent to cause contact.
- Players may be subject to ejection if there is intent to cause contact.
- 1. Head to head
- 2. Runs allowed
- 3. Runs differential (max at 8 per game)
- 4. Runs scored
- 5. Coin toss
- Please follow each venue’s parking instructions
- Five Tool Showcases is not responsible for any parking violations
Rules for Premier Baseball of Texas
· NO SPIKES ALLOWED. Pitchers on 5,6,7,8 can wear spikes. Pitcher must change to bat. If a player is caught he will be removed from that game. If a player is caught a second time or a second player on that team is caught the coach and player will be removed from that game. Warmup mounds have been adjusted so warmup mounds on 5,6,7,8 can have spikes.
· Outside coolers are NOT allowed. Coolers for team and players are allowed but must stay in dugout. From car to dugout only. Coolers will be removed if outside the dugout area.
· NO SHELLED SNACKS ALLOWED IN park area at all. Parents or spectators will be asked one time to stop. After that, the game will be stopped until it’s cleaned up and remove that person or persons from the park for the rest of the TOURNAMENT. This includes sunflower seeds, peanuts, pistachios, etc… Please note, if players on field are found to be using seeds, the game will be stopped until it is cleaned up.
Rain Out Policy
In the event of rain, we will push game start times up to one hour to get the game started.
If the game is in progress, we will allow for a one hour delay. If it goes longer, we will postpone or cancel the game and then attempt to reschedule it.
If the game cannot resume or start within one hour of its original start time, then that game will be cancelled and we will look at ways to possibly reschedule it.
- 2 games completed = 50% refund
- There will be no refunds after the start of each team’s third game
- We will try and reschedule games with available field space